Don’t worry, Craft For The World brings patterns for all quilters, this Missing Patch Nine is an easy quilt pattern. The pattern we will learn and a beautiful Disappearing Nine Patch bedspread make good use of the extra fabric scraps that always end up being left over.
If you are looking for a service project to work on this season, what are you waiting for to start ?! Great for giving to someone you love or even leaving the house with a touch of your own!
- 60 Moda Hunky Dory charms or 5 in x 5 in squares
- 48 5 in x 5 in squares in cream
With 60 charms you will be making 12 blocks.
- If you prefer printing the sequence you can see it below.
- Make a 9 patch block combining 5 colour charm squares with 4 white ones. Use darker tones for the centre square for contrast.
- Iron the 9 patch block and cut it in half and then in half again.
- Change the resulting smaller blocks around to form a disappearing 9 patch block like below.
- Stitch together and iron flat.
- Assemble as per photo making sure the small squares in each block face the same way.
The finished quilt measures 41 in x 54 in.